This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Practice Policies

Confidentiality & Medical Records

Locked blue folderThe practice complies with data protection and access to medical records legislation. Identifiable information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances:

  • To provide further medical treatment for you e.g. from district nurses and hospital services.
  • To help you get other services e.g. from the social work department. This requires your consent.
  • When we have a duty to others e.g. in child protection cases anonymised patient information will also be used at local and national level to help the Health Board and Government plan services e.g. for diabetic care.

If you do not wish anonymous information about you to be used in such a way, please let us know.

Reception and administration staff require access to your medical records in order to do their jobs. These members of staff are bound by the same rules of confidentiality as the medical staff.

Freedom of Information

Information about the General Practioners and the practice required for disclosure under this act can be made available to the public. All requests for such information should be made to the practice manager.

Access to Records

In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Access to Health Records Act, patients may request to see their medical records. Such requests should be made through the practice manager and may be subject to an administration charge. No information will be released without the patient consent unless we are legally obliged to do so.


We aim to give a friendly and professional service to all our patients.  We welcome your comments and suggestions about the services we provide and boxes are provided in the reception area or email the practice.

If you have any concerns about any aspect of our service, please let us know.  Speak to whoever you feel most comfortable – your GP, our Practice Manager or our support staff will be happy to help. 

In the majority of cases, concerns can be resolved quite easily.  However, if you feel we have not dealt with the issue you have raised as you would wish, and you would like to discuss a concern or complaint further, you can contact the Customer Care Advisor, who deals with concerns or complaints in a confidential manner, providing on the spot information, practical advice and support with the aim of resolving any patient problems or difficulties. They can also help you to get in touch with external support groups that can assist you with your concern or complaint.

Write to: Customer Care Advisor, City Health Care Partnership CIC, 5 Beacon Way, Brighton Street, Hull, HU3 4AE.

Tel: 01482 347 627.


Patient Opinion is an independent organisation where members of the public can share their comments, complaints and compliments about the services we provide.

There are 3 simple ways you can share your opinion:

Website: Go to  and click on ‘share your story’, you will be asked for your postcode, the title of you piece and your opinion.

Phone: You can call 0845 113 00 12 and speak to the Patient Opinion team, they will be on hand to type up your opinion and post it on the website. 

Mail: You can send your opinion direct to the Patient Opinion offices. You can write to the team, sending it freepost to: 

Freepost Plus RLZK-JUXU-BTAE, Patient Opinion, 53 Melton Mowbray Street, Sheffield S3 8EN

Violence Policy

The NHS operate a zero tolerance policy with regard to violence and abuse and the practice has the right to remove violent patients from the list with immediate effect in order to safeguard practice staff, patients and other persons. Violence in this context includes actual or threatened physical violence or verbal abuse which leads to fear for a person’s safety. In this situation we will notify the patient in writing of their removal from the list and record in the patient’s medical records the fact of the removal and the circumstances leading to it.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website